The biking scheme
The postdoc has made an important discovery. There is a deterministic relationship between her morning experience with the shared bike scheme and the overall success of her day. The following translation rules are of particular relevance.
- Gears don’t work –> stupidly forget the talk by Dr So-and-so.
- Brakes are broken –> say something silly in an email, regret it, write another email to fix it, make it all worse.
- Adjustable bike seat slowly drifts down whilst cycling –> realise that the ‘insight’ from yesterday is a load of baloney.
- More than two collisions with an electric unicycle –> paper rejected.
- Locate an official parking space without having to cycle all the way back home –> imminent scientific breakthrough.
She’s very close to buying herself her own bike. But what if the seat is forever… not quite right…?